Out of a whirlwind came those words. Job’s counseling his friends brought about a tempest, out of which the Lord spoke to Job, questioning him.
“Where this the way is distributed the light?” God asked Job again in verse 24, in the literal translation of the Masoretic Text.
So, by definition, where is the path, the road, the highway that the shining illumination resides and abides? Where is the path that light has its habitation or home? The answer, of course, is God.
John tells us in 1 John 1:5, “God is Light.” And James says He is “The Father of lights.” (James 1:17 NKJV)
Daniel said, “The light dwells with Him.” (Dan. 2:22 Amp) Interesting! The word used here for light is not the normal word for light. It is only used three times, all in the book of Daniel, and also means illumination and wisdom.
Interesting again. The word for dwells is also not the usual word. It is used only six times in scripture, five of which are found in Daniel. It means to free, to separate, to unravel, to commence, to reside, to begin or open, to dissolve, or to loose or loosen.
Very interesting! Illumination and wisdom reside in God’s light. They are God’s light. Light not only to illumine our natural eyes but also to illumine our spiritual eyes, as Psalm 119:130a (Amp) says, “The entrance and unfolding of Your words give light.”
“Where is this, the way light dwells?” In the Word of God, it is Jesus. He is the path, the road, the route, as He said of Himself, “I am the Way.” (John 14:6) He also said, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” (John 8:12 NKJV)
He is the travelled road, the journey. The light of wisdom and understanding. As we walk the journey of and with Jesus, His light, His wisdom make the way for us. His light will separate us from the darkness Jesus is the Illuminator of our way.
In the book of Revelation, John related the extent of God’s light when he wrote the details of his vision. In chapter 21 verse 23, it says the heavenly city Jerusalem “had no need of the sun, nor of the moon, that they might shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it, even its lamp is the Lamb.” (RGT)
The light, the illumination and wisdom, that dwells with God is the Lamb. Other Scriptures tells us of this light…
* He has shown His light “in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.” (2 Cor. 4:6 NIV)
* God has called you “into His marvelous light” (1 Peter 2:9 NKJV)
* “that you may become sons of light.” (John 12:36 NKJV)
* So now, “You are the light of the world.” (Matt. 5:14a NKJV)
* For it is “the true light that gives light to every man.” (John 1:9a NIV)
* Follow Him and you will “have the light of life.” (John 8:12 NKJV)
* And He “will be to you an everlasting light.” (Is. 60:19b NKJV)
* “Arise [from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you-rise to a new life]! Shine (be radiant with the glory of the Lord), for your light has come and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you!” (Is. 60:1 Amp)
Where is the way light dwells? It dwells in you! Shine on!
*This post (remixed) first appeared 6-2-14.