* Clean out the closet of my hidden thoughts and throw away the trash of wrong attitudes.
* Repair the cracks in the walls so that the enemy cannot ooze in with his unwanted ideas.
* Dust behind the doors where preconceived ideas accumulate like cobwebs.
* Scrub down the walls littered with the graffiti of my words that have blemished Your Spirit and Your Word.
* Take down from the shelves of my mind all the negative thoughts I cling to and replace them with all Your promises that they may be readily available whenever I need them.
* Sweep out the corners of my heart where the soil of unwillingness piles up.
* Dig into those deep crevices of my soul where stubbornness plants its roots.
* Fix the holes in the roof where the rains of difficulties leak in and threaten to dampen my soul-rest.
* Rekindle the embers of my heart’s passion that have grown cold.
* Use my tears to mop the floor of my soul where it has been trampled upon with the muddy feet of those who would rather walk over me than see the hurt and pain within me.
* When spiritual unrest jams up my usefulness as a channel, rout out all the garbage of self that Your living waters may run freely, cleansing every part of my heart.
* Seal up the broken windows where the winds of discontent blow in so easily.
* Clean out the soot of wrong burning desires that have blackened my chimney and allow the vapors of praise to rise heavenward.
* Shine Your light into the dark cellar of my emotions so nothing can remain hidden from Your forgiveness.
* Dismantle the fences that I have unwittingly built which have kept me from reaching out to help someone or kept some hurting soul from reaching in.
* Help me maintain the exterior holding all else in place, as I use my obedience to cement Your bricks of truth in place. May I not leave them lying useless on the ground.
* Help me build on the one sure Foundation that is unshakable and can withstand all storms and disasters.
* Ignite in me a blazing desire to know You more, to serve You more, and to love You more.
* There is but one chair within these walls, and it is the throne upon which I give You the honor of residing. When I try to sit upon it myself, shove me off! Make me land with a jolt hard enough to bring me to my senses, because it is meant only for You.
Lord, may my heart always be a temple in which You may reside and always feel proud to bring others to visit. May it be a monument to Your grace, Your forgiveness, and Your love.~~
What kind of home are you building for your precious Lord? Do you schedule regular maintenance projects? Do you allow the Master Craftsman to construct according to His divine plan? Are you following His blueprint?