A couple of days ago, I received a tweet on Twitter from my sweet, new cyber-friend, Deb Burton at The Greatest Mission Trip You’ll Ever Take. Deb has a wonderful blog full of suggestions for parents on teaching children to desire to walk in God’s light. Please visit her blog. You will love it.
She bestowed on me the special honor of the Proximity Award. This is a first for me. I was so overwhelmed that tears streamed down my cheeks. Thank you, Deb, from the bottom of my heart! May the Lord truly bless you.
The award is for PROXIMITY, which is explained this way:
“This blog invests and believes in PROXIMITY – nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”
My problem now…deciding on which eight to choose! This has been very difficult for me and has taken a while to do because I have met so many precious cyber friends and wonderful bloggers that it’s almost impossible to choose eight over the rest. I hope no one is offended. It is so not in me to offend anyone.
Therefore, some I’ve chosen and some I’ve randomly drawn from my list. All are my favorites! And I’ve gone out on a limb and expanded the list. Forgive me for bending the rules. Most of the others are listed in the right hand column. They are all special to me, but the award goes to these, in no particular order…
1) Victoria Gaines has two sites: Light for the Writer’s Soul and devotionals at Windows To My Soul. In Vicki’s own words, she is a “Freelance writer, retired nurse, friend to the broken-hearted. Out of sync with the world; utterly dependant upon God.”
2) Linda Yezak at 777 Peppermint Place I call her “my favorite redhead.” We are both aspiring writers and share the same heart for writing and the Lord. Love everything she writes!
3) Donna Shepherd at Donna J Shepherd Donna has written extensively, in many areas, including several children’s books. Check them out! They’re awesome.
4) Lisa at Consecrated To Him serves the Lord with her pen, er, computer keys!
5) Lorrie at Grow Up Deep We both started blogging about the same time. Love her!
6) Romantic Walk at Romantic Walk has the best romantic writing ever!
7) Marja at Sacred Sabbath has written three books. Her latest is Breath of Life, written from the perspective of an unborn child. Cool!
8) Tanya Dennis at In the Dailies says, “Join me on a journey of finding and recognizing God in the dailies; in the ordinary, everyday points of life.”
10) Mari Taylor Mari’s Morning Room is a “Lover of the Word and the Lord and not afraid to tell it or write about it.” She also does book reviews.
11) Cami at Lindenville A treasure of devotionals hiding just around the corner. My friend, Cami. Love her!
Please take time to visit these blogs. I know you will be blessed.